Monday, July 20, 2009

Dawkins, Who is not a bright guy?

Who is not a bright guy? In a interview with Bill Maher, Mr. Dawkins calls Mr. Collins not a bright guy. Well in another interview with Mr. Stein, Mr. Dawkins was not a positive as he is with Mr. Maher. At least Mr. Dawkins is smart enough now to say he cannot 100% say there is not God or a god of any type. It is ironic that Mr. Dawkins book is entitled "The God Delusion." One could say the only one with a delusion is Mr. Dawkins. He talks out both sides of his mouth. He states religion should be expunged from the planet. While he cannot admit that his worldview of Atheism is a religion also. Even Issac Asimov stated "I am an atheist, out and out. It took me a long time to say it. I've been an atheist for years and years, but somehow I felt it was intellectually unrespectable to say on was an atheist, because it assumed knowledge that one didn't have. Somehow it was better to say one was a humanist or an agnostic. I finally decided that I'm a creature of emotion as well as of reason. Emotionally, I am an atheist. I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time."

You see Mr. Asimov (who was one of the top scientist of his time) admits that he doesn't have evidence to disprove God. He also admits that his atheism is just humanism with a different name and that it is an emotional belief. He doesn't even want to go to the evidence, because "he doesn't want to waste his time. " I strongly suspect that he didn't want to go there because of his own hart and didn't want to submit to God.

Mr. Dawkins, Asimov, and Maher remind me so much of Romans chapter one it is not funny. "From the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse. For they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles."(Romans 1:20-23 HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment